Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gifting

So I finished my matchbox drawers last night and decided to give it to a girl that I work with because her birthday was yesterday, I think that she really really appreciated it.

Here is the final outcome


box1











box2


















And here it is with the drawers open
box3

For the little feet I super-glued a few buttons together, I think it looks really really cute.
box4
And the best news is that she really really liked it and appreciated it, unlike the last time I gifted this special set of drawers.
Speaking of gifting I would really love to make some wonderful stuff for three lucky people, but no one has signed up for my Pay it Forward. I would really really like to make stuff for you, so please sign up.

My goal for the two days off is to finish my blocks and start laying out where I want the blocks to go...ahh I need to decide on a backing fabric as well....I am thinking brown....hmm.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,

    This looks awesome! Such an awesome idea, I might have to steal it for a Christmas present. I am 100% determined to make all of my presents this year :) I'm in the middle of starting a new blog, which will be about crafts and cooking, except mine will have more garment sewing than quilting. Our blogs should be friends!

    Hope you're doing well,

    Renata

    ReplyDelete