Wednesday, October 21, 2009

the green meanie

    I finally took the time to start laying out my quilt and sewing the strips together.  I started out not really thinking about the block placement and three strips and 2 blocks in I thought, "Shoot I should probably be thinking about this a little more than I am."
    That's when I decided to lay it all out and really think about where things were going to go so that none of the same fabrics would be touching. I started putting numbers on the rows so that I would know what was what and then filled in the empty spots with the rest of my blocks. It worked really really well and led to to discover that in my not thinking about it I had done this:
   
  Totally lame! I took it apart and found a new home for one of the blocks. Really excited about finishing this project and starting a new one. I have so many ideas for more quilts and some garments as well. My next quilt is going to be an argyle done with diamonds and not squares and I am really excited about it. It will be super warm and cozy with tons of flannel. After that I plan on attempting to create a quilt with a bunch of bee blocks, not quilt bee, but bumble bee. I am going to try and design it myself and create a ton of really cute fat buzzing bees I will keep you updated on that one.

And cozy backing fabric for my green patchwork quilt made big so you can see. I think this finishing steps and the whole quilt sandwich is really terrifying I am going to have to get some help or at least guidance with that bit of it.

In other news Halloween is coming and this is the first year ever that I get to decorate my own place. The BF and I decided that it would be our holiday and that we would go all out for it.  Just you wait!

1 comment: