Monday, October 12, 2009

quilt update

So I finished by blocks last week and bought the backing fabric and batting yesterday. I am ready to sew the top together and then make my quilt sandwich, the only thing is that I am super nervous because I don't really know how to do any of this, I am either going to use the internet as my resource or go to a friend because I really don't want to mess this up after putting so much effort into the quilt.

Here are two of my completed blocks.
Multimedia messageMultimedia message

In other news... I found the quilt that I want to start next and my boyfriend wants to help pick out the fabrics for that one, and help me sew it!! I am totally excited that he wants to help that much in this next one.

I also am in a quilting bee now, which is awesome, I will be making a star block for our October leader and am really excited about it. I think that I will really like doing this quilt swap thing.

Also no one has signed up for my Pay it Forward and that makes me really sad. Today at Joann Fabrics they were having this HUGE sale in honor of Columbus day. I got some $16 patterns for a whopping $0.99!! I also picked up the book Embroidered Effects by Jenny Hart for 50% off, which is quite a steal considering you can't get it for that cheap even on Amazon.

Speaking of books I ordered some quilting ones from Amazon so that I can perhaps learn a bit more before finishing my current one and starting my next one. I ordered The Quilting Bible, One Line at a Time, and Foolproof Machine Quilting.

But now off to bed because tomorrow I plan on getting up early and starting to sew together my quilt block and start on my star block for the quilting bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment