Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Quilt 1.0

My first quilt.

For Christmas last year my mom bought me a sewing machine. And my grandma got me a ton of fabric to start a quilt. I was really really excited but needed the right pattern to use the fabric's with. This was quite a challenge seeing as how I am new at the quilting thing and needed something that was fairly easy, but also I needed something that would showcase the fabrics and fit with what I had in mind.

After searching for quite some time I found my pattern in Quick Quilts magazine, issue number 96 to be exact. Here is a picture of the finished quilt from the magazine (not my quilt).


Multimedia message

I really like the way that this quilt looks, and I really like how my squares are looking with the fabrics I have.

I have 16 blocks done and as you can see a whole lot more to go. But I am doing it and that is something!

Here are my blocks that are done.Multimedia message

And here are my planned blocks that need to be done.Multimedia message

I love the fabrics in this quilt! Green is one of my favorite colors and with all the fabrics there is a real earth vibe and I really like that. Unfortunately I don't know many of the fabrics designers but have been looking through my scraps in hopes of finding the names on the edges of some of those pieces.

Many of the fabrics are JoAnn Fabrics and I did find that at least 4 of them are done by Timeless Treasures Fabrics from their Contemporary Line, including my one of my favorites.
Multimedia message

My goal is to get this finished by Christmas and I don't think that will be a problem since I have so much inspiration from people like Quilt Dad and Rachel Griffith at P.S. I Quilt and many others.

Off to work on my next block
Multimedia message

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Kim from the great give post you responded to...I would love to pick you, I am very excited that you are also willing to make and give something handmade to three people. Just make yourself a little blog post about it to getyour great give going!
    I only wish I could get one of the beautiful things YOU make!!!
    Oh, and will you e-mail me you address at madi_bell@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely choice of fabrics. I look forward to seeing your quilt all done, Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete