Wednesday, September 23, 2009

matchbox drawers

So a long time ago I made this really neat set of drawers from matchboxes that I covered with paper and made look real cute. I gave it away as a gift only to have it mistreated and not cared about, oh well.

I was recently telling a friend about this and decided to make a new one and either keep it for myself or give it to someone that I know will appreciate the art of handmade gifts. I for one know that I would love to receive a gift like this one.

So you start out with those tiny matchboxes and you cover the outside, and then you cover the inside and then you use a metal brad and some ribbon to make a drawer pull. Here is one of the drawers, I think this was my favorite of the ones I have made so far.



And here are all the boxes that I have made so far. I think that I will either add 4 more for another level in the drawers or I will finish it up like this and start a new one.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachael,

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and congrats on starting your own! Can't wait to see more pictures of your creations.

    Best,
    John (www.quiltdad.com)

    ReplyDelete